Rxivist combines preprints from bioRxiv with data from Twitter to help you find the papers being discussed in your field. Currently indexing 92,455 bioRxiv papers from 394,899 authors.
The numbers below represent the metrics for all papers hosted on bioRxiv.org, based on our indexing of the website.
Monthly submissions, overall
See PrePubMed for a similar chart that puts bioRxiv submissions in context alongside other preprint servers.
Monthly submissions, by category
Note that, unlike the submission graphs, this graph does not include the current month. Since per-paper download metrics are updated in our database over time, a month's download count can change up to four weeks after it ends.
These charts are free to use and licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!