Purple non-sulfur photosynthetic bacteria (PNSB) such as R. capsulatus serve as a versatile platform for fundamental studies and various biotechnological applications. In this study, we sought to develop the class II RNA-guided CRISPR/Cas12a system from Francisella novicida for both genome editing and gene down-regulation in R. capsulatus. About 90% editing efficiency was achieved by using CRISPR/Cas12a driven by a strong promoter Ppuc when targeting ccoO or nifH gene. When both genes were simultaneously targeted, the multiplex gene editing efficiency reached >63%. In addition, CRISPRi using deactivated Cas12a was also evaluated using reporter genes gfp and lacZ, and the repression efficiency reached >80%. In summary, our work represents the first report to develop CRISPR/Cas12a mediated genome editing/transcriptional repression in R. capsulatus, which would greatly accelerate PNSB-related researches.
- Downloaded 381 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 130,597
- In microbiology: 9,107
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 121,805
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 176,830
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!