Here we describe a new method, named LS-SOFI, that combines light-sheet fluorescence microscopy and super-resolution optical fluctuation imaging to achieve fast nanoscale-resolution imaging over large fields of view in native 3D tissues. We demonstrate the use of LS-SOFI in super-resolution analysis of neuronal structures and synaptic proteins, including cortical axons, dendritic spines, pre- and postsynaptic cytoskeletal proteins and postsynaptic AMPA receptors, in thick mouse brain sections. We also introduce an algorithm to determine the number of active fluorophore emitters detected, allowing the localization of individual molecules in LS-SOFI images. We conclude that LS-SOFI is a versatile method for fast super-resolution imaging from any tissue of the body using both commercial and custom LSFM instruments. ### Competing Interest Statement The authors have declared no competing interest.
- Downloaded 325 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 75,300
- In neuroscience: 11,619
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 35,120
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 35,120
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!