The efficiency of CRISPR/Cas9-mediated protein knockout is determined by three factors: sequence-specific sgRNA activity, frameshift probability, and the characteristics of targeted amino acids. A number of computational methods have been developed for predicting sgRNA efficiency from different perspectives. We propose GuidePro, a two-layer ensemble predictor that enables the integration of multiple predictive methods and feature sets. GuidePro leverages information from DNA sequences, amino acids, and protein structures, and reduces the impact of dataset-specific biases. Tested on independent datasets, GuidePro demonstrated consistent superior performance in predicting phenotypes caused by protein loss-of-function. GuidePro is implemented as a web application for prioritizing sgRNAs that target protein-coding genes in human, monkey and mouse genomes, available at https://bioinformatics.mdanderson.org/apps/GuidePro. ### Competing Interest Statement The authors have declared no competing interest.
- Downloaded 170 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 126,994
- In bioinformatics: 10,179
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 111,886
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 121,120
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!