Human splicing diversity across the Sequence Read Archive
Andrew E. Jaffe,
Robert A. Phillips,
Kasper D. Hansen,
Jeffrey T Leek
Posted 29 Jan 2016
bioRxiv DOI: 10.1101/038224 (published DOI: 10.1186/s13059-016-1118-6)
Posted 29 Jan 2016
We aligned 21,504 publicly available Illumina-sequenced human RNA-seq samples from the Sequence Read Archive (SRA) to the human genome and compared detected exon-exon junctions with junctions in several recent gene annotations. 56,865 junctions (18.6%) found in at least 1,000 samples were not annotated, and their expression associated with tissue type. Newer samples contributed few novel well-supported junctions, with 96.1% of junctions detected in at least 20 reads across samples present in samples before 2013. Junction data is compiled into a resource called intropolis available at http://intropolis.rail.bio. We discuss an application of this resource to cancer involving a recently validated isoform of the ALK gene.
- Downloaded 2,351 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 2,814 out of 89,518
- In genomics: 537 out of 5,702
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 57,506 out of 89,518
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 58,548 out of 89,518
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!