Silent dissemination of plasmid-borne tigecycline resistance gene tet(X6) in livestock-associated Acinetobacter towneri
Posted 12 May 2020
bioRxiv DOI: 10.1101/2020.05.08.085514
Posted 12 May 2020
A tigecycline-resistance gene, tet (X6), was detected on a 159-kb novel plasmid carried by a tigecycline-susceptible livestock-associated Acinetobacter towneri isolate. The genetic context of tet (X6) (ΔIS Vsa3-tet (X6)- abh-guaA -IS Vsa3 ) is highly similar with that of the other plasmid-borne tet (X) variants. The 23-Ala residue of the first FAD binding site conferred higher activity to Tet(X6) than the 23-Gly reside conserved in the other plasmid-borne tet (X)s. To our knowledge, this is the first report of tet (X6) carried by the plasmid.
- Downloaded 157 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 141,644
- In genetics: 5,619
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 128,175
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 119,608
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!