Background: Mosses compose one of the three lineages that form the sister group to extant vascular plants. Having emerged from an early split in the diversification of embryophytes, mosses may offer complementary insights into the evolution of traits following the transition to and colonization of land. Here, we report the draft nuclear genome of Fontinalis antipyretica (Fontinalaceae, Hypnales), a charismatic aquatic moss widespread in temperate regions of the Northern Hemisphere. We sequenced and de novo assembled its genome using the 10 x genomics method. The genome comprises 486.3 Mb, with a scaffold N50 of 38.8 kb. The assembly captured 89.4% of the 303 genes in the BUSCO eukaryote dataset. The newly generated F. antipyretica genome is the third genome of mosses, and the second genome for a seedless aquatic plant. ### Competing Interest Statement The authors have declared no competing interest.
- Downloaded 521 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 69,455
- In genomics: 4,817
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 75,311
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 54,186
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!