Time-resolved cryoEM using Spotiton
Venkata P Dandey,
William C. Budell,
Edward T Eng,
Peter A Kahn,
Jenny E Hinshaw,
Crina M. Nimigean,
Brandon F. Malone,
Clinton S. Potter,
Posted 21 Apr 2020
bioRxiv DOI: 10.1101/2020.04.20.050518
Posted 21 Apr 2020
We present an approach for preparing cryoEM grids to study short-lived molecular states. Using piezo electric dispensing, two independent streams of ~50 pL sample drops are deposited within 10 ms of each other onto a nanowire EM grid surface, and the mixing reaction stops when the grid is vitrified in liquid ethane, on the order of ~100 ms later. We demonstrate the utility of this approach for four biological systems where short-lived states are of high interest. ### Competing Interest Statement B.C./C.S.P. have a commercial relationship with STPL, a company that produces a commercially available instrument, Chameleon, that is based on the Spotiton prototype.
- Downloaded 2,032 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 12,658
- In biophysics: 263
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 81,716
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 102,957
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!