Rxivist combines preprints from bioRxiv with data from Twitter to help you find the papers being discussed in your field. Currently indexing 57,822 bioRxiv papers from 266,142 authors.
Identification of pathogens in culture-negative infective endocarditis with metagenomic analysis
Posted 02 Jun 2018
bioRxiv DOI: 10.1101/336388 (published DOI: 10.1186/s12941-018-0294-5)
Posted 02 Jun 2018
Pathogen identification is critical for the proper diagnosis and precise treatment of infective endocarditis (IE). Although blood and valve cultures are the gold standard for infective endocarditis pathogen detection, many cases were culture-negative, especially in patients who had received long term antibiotics treatment, which has become a major challenge of its diagnosis in clinic. Metagenomic sequencing can provide both pathogen strain information and antibiotics susceptibility profiles of patient samples without culturing, offering a powerful method to deal with culture-negative cases. In this work, we assessed the feasibility of metagenomic approach to detect causative pathogens in resected valves from IE patients.
- Downloaded 277 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 32,131 out of 57,822
- In microbiology: 2,033 out of 4,604
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 28,671 out of 57,822
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 40,726 out of 57,822
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- Top preprints of 2018
- Paper search
- Author leaderboards
- Overall metrics
- The API
- Email newsletter
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!