A mitochondrial and a fibrous sheath form the midpiece of the mammalian sperm flagellum encircling most of the axoneme. It has been documented that Kinesin light chain 3 (KLC3) was involved although the formation procedure remains unclear. Yeast-two-hybrid dataset showed an interaction between Klc3 and Bardet-Biedl Syndrome 5 (BBS5) Protein, another molecular associated with cilia and flagella forming. In this study, we presumed that the most conserved IFT complex BBsome was involved in spermatogenesis via the interaction of one of its subunits, Bbs5 with Klc3. Firstly, the interaction between Klc3 and Bbs5 was confirmed with Co-IP. Secondly, we identified PKC phosphorylation sites in vitro by LC-MS/MS, Ser19 and Ser246 of Bbs5, examined the phosphorylation status of Bbs5 Ser19 and Ser246 in mouse testis. Co-IP was performed to find which PKC isoforms phosphorylate Bbs5. In addition, we tried to discuss the roles of Ser19 and Ser246 of Bbs5 in the Klc3-bbs5 interaction and in mouse spermatogenesis based on our early findings.
- Downloaded 186 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 122,382
- In cell biology: 5,621
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 119,616
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 106,614
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!