Studies have shown that STK11 mutation plays a critical role in affecting the lung adenocarci-noma (LUAD) tumor immune environment. By training an Inception-Resnet-v2 deep convolution-al neural network model, we were able to classify STK11-mutated and wild type LUAD tumor histopathology images with a promising accuracy (per slide AUROC=0.795). Dimensional reduc-tion of the activation maps before the output layer of the test set images revealed that fewer im-mune cells were accumulated around cancer cells in STK11-mutation cases. Our study demon-strated that deep convolutional network model can automatically identify STK11 mutations based on histopathology slides and confirmed that the immune cell density was the main feature used by the model to distinguish STK11-mutated cases.
- Downloaded 354 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 106,793
- In bioinformatics: 8,986
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 25,055
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 7,593
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!