Rxivist combines preprints from bioRxiv with data from Twitter to help you find the papers being discussed in your field. Currently indexing 73,530 bioRxiv papers from 320,012 authors.
Harnessing tumor immune ecosystem dynamics to personalize radiotherapy
George Daniel Grass,
Juan Carlos Lopez Alfonso,
Eric A Welsh,
Louis Benjamin Harrison,
Javier Torres Roca
Posted 12 Feb 2020
bioRxiv DOI: 10.1101/2020.02.11.944512
Posted 12 Feb 2020
Radiotherapy is a pillar of cancer care and augments the response to immunotherapies. However, little is known regarding the relationships between the tumor immune ecosystem (TIES) and intrinsic radiosensitivity, and a pressing question in oncology is how to optimize radiotherapy to improve patient responses to immune therapies. To address this challenge, we profiled over 10,000 primary tumors for their metrics of radiosensitivity and immune cell infiltrate (ICI), and applied a new integrated in silico model that mimics the dynamic relationships between tumor growth, ICI flux and the response to radiation. We then validated this model with a separate cohort of 59 lung cancer patients treated with radiotherapy. These analyses explain radiation response based on its effect on the TIES and quantifies the likelihood that radiation can promote a shift to anti-tumor immunity. Dynamic modeling of the relationship between tumor radiosensitivity and the TIES may provide opportunity to personalize combined radiation and immunotherapy approaches.
No bioRxiv download data for this paper yet.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!