Rxivist combines preprints from bioRxiv with data from Twitter to help you find the papers being discussed in your field. Currently indexing 59,974 bioRxiv papers from 266,630 authors.
Genome-wide association studies (GWAS) have identified over 41 susceptibility loci associated with late-onset Parkinson's Disease (PD) but identifying putative causal genes and the underlying mechanisms remains challenging. To address this, we leveraged large-scale transcriptomic datasets to prioritize genes that are likely to affect PD. We found 29 gene associations in peripheral monocytes, and 44 gene associations whose expression or differential splicing in prefrontal cortex is associated with PD. This includes many novel genes but also known associations such as MAPT, for which we found that variation in exon 3 splicing explains the common genetic association. Genes identified in our analyses are more likely to interact physically with known PD genes and belong to the same or related pathways including lysosomal and innate immune function. Overall, our study provides a strong foundation for further mechanistic studies that will elucidate the molecular drivers of PD.
- Downloaded 1,113 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 5,708 out of 59,974
- In genomics: 956 out of 4,168
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 16,691 out of 59,974
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 52,922 out of 59,974
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- Top preprints of 2018
- Paper search
- Author leaderboards
- Overall metrics
- The API
- Email newsletter
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!