CD4+ follicular helper-like T cells are key players in anti-tumor immunity
Posted 09 Jan 2020
bioRxiv DOI: 10.1101/2020.01.08.898346
Posted 09 Jan 2020
To determine the nature of CD4+ T cells that provide 'help' for generating robust anti-tumor CD8+ cytotoxic T cell (CTL) responses, we profiled the transcriptomes of patient-matched CD4+ and CD8+ T cells present in the tumor micro-environment (TME) and analyzed them jointly using integrated weighted gene correlation network analysis. We found the follicular helper T cell (TFH) program in CD4+ T cells was strongly associated with proliferation and tissue-residency in CD8+ CTLs. Single-cell analysis demonstrated the presence of TFH-like cells and features linked to cytotoxic function and their provision of CD8+ T cell 'help'. Tumor-infiltrating TFH-like cells expressed PD-1 and were enriched in tumors following checkpoint blockade, suggesting that they may respond to anti-PD-1 therapy. Adoptive transfer or induction of TFH cells in mouse models resulted in augmented CD8+ CTL responses and impairment of tumor growth, indicating an important role of TFH-like CD4+ T cells in anti-tumor immunity.
- Downloaded 1,558 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 10,157
- In immunology: 283
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 4,690
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 4,014
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!