DRB1 as a mediator between transcription and microRNA processing
Susheel Sagar Bhat,
Posted 30 Dec 2019
bioRxiv DOI: 10.1101/2019.12.30.890665
Posted 30 Dec 2019
DRB1 (HYL1) is a double-stranded RNA binding protein involved in miRNA processing in plants. It is a core component of the Microprocessor complex and enhances the efficiency and precision of miRNA processing by DCL1 protein. In this work, we report a novel function of DRB1 protein in the transcription of MIR genes. DRB1 co-localizes with RNA Polymerase II and affects its distribution along MIR genes. Moreover, proteomic experiments revealed that DRB1 protein interacts with many transcription factors. Finally, we show that the action of DRB1 is not limited to MIR genes as it impacts expression of many other genes, majority of which are involved in plant response to light. These discoveries add DRB1 as another player of gene regulation at transcriptional level, independent of its role in miRNA biogenesis.
- Downloaded 412 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 81,698
- In plant biology: 2,112
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 92,473
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 74,768
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!