GWAS identifies novel risk locus for erectile dysfunction and implicates hypothalamic neurobiology and diabetes in etiology
Jamie W. Harrison,
Katherine S. Ruth,
Robin N Beaumont,
Samuel E Jones,
Andrew R. Wood,
Michael N Weedon,
Benjamin M. Neale,
Cecilia M. Lindgren,
Michael V. Holmes
Posted 15 Mar 2018
bioRxiv DOI: 10.1101/283002
Posted 15 Mar 2018
GWAS of erectile dysfunction (ED) in 6,175 cases among 223,805 European men identified one new locus at 6q16.3 (lead variant rs57989773, OR 1.20 per C-allele; p = 5.71×10-14), located between MCHR2 and SIM1. In-silico analysis suggests SIM1 to confer ED risk through hypothalamic dysregulation; Mendelian randomization indicates genetic risk of type 2 diabetes causes ED. Our findings provide novel insights into the biological underpinnings of ED.
- Downloaded 862 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 15,015 out of 92,091
- In genomics: 1,938 out of 5,810
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 80,643 out of 92,091
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 74,963 out of 92,091
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!