Complex deletion and proximal reinsertion of a 150bp regulatory sequence in the mouse Csf1r promoter mediated by CRISPR-Cas9.
This paper describes a deletion/reinsertion event encountered in a genome-editing project using CRISPR-Cas9. The objective was to delete a 150bp enhancer region in the mouse Csf1r locus using a pair of guides and a homology-dependent repair (HDR) template. The editing was successful in generating a founder pup with the anticipated precise deletion. However, the deleted fragment and a duplicated copy of part of the HDR template was reinserted around 50bp downstream. The reinsertion event was recognised because the PCR primer site used in genotyping was duplicated, so that there were three PCR products in a heterozygous animal and two in a homozygote. The event we describe is more subtle and more difficult to detect than large-scale rearrangements reported by others. We suggest that any genomic deletion mediated by CRISPR-Cas9 needs to be confirmed by assessing the copy number in the genome.
- Downloaded 152 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 79,591 out of 92,758
- In molecular biology: 2,651 out of 3,175
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 64,189 out of 92,758
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 66,643 out of 92,758
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!