Characterization of transcription activation domain of EcaICE1 and its interaction with EcaSIZ1 in Eucalyptus camaldulensis
SUMOylation in plants is associated with biotic and abiotic stress responses, flowering and other aspects of development, and ICE1 protein SUMOylation by SUMO E3 ligase SIZ1 plays important roles in plant cold tolerance. Here, we reported the subcellular localization of EcaICE1 and its interaction with EcaSIZ1 in Eucalyptus camaldulensis . The genes EcaICE1 and EcaSIZ1 were isolated by homologous cloning. The subcellular localization analysis showed that EcaICE1 was located in nucleus. Bimolecular fluorescence complementation (BiFC) analysis revealed that EcaICE1 could interact with EcaSIZ1 in the nucleus of Nicotiana benthamiana leaves. Moreover, yeast two-hybrid assay confirmed that the amino acid region from position 84 to 126 in EcaICE1 was critical for the strong transactivation activity of EcaICE1 and that the C terminal region from position 361 to 557 in EcaICE1 was the key region for its interaction with EcaSIZ1 by using different truncated lengths of non-transactivation activity of EcaICE1 as the bait protein. Collectively, our results showed that EcaICE1 may have a SUMOylation pathway similar to Arabidopsis thaliana .
- Downloaded 185 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 113,038
- In plant biology: 3,136
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 119,331
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 127,976
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!