Rxivist combines preprints from bioRxiv with data from Twitter to help you find the papers being discussed in your field. Currently indexing 67,545 bioRxiv papers from 297,698 authors.
Determinants of telomere length across human tissues
Lin S. Chen,
Barbara E. Stranger,
Kristin G Ardlie,
Muhammad G. Kibriya,
Brandon L. Pierce
Posted 07 Oct 2019
bioRxiv DOI: 10.1101/793406
Posted 07 Oct 2019
Telomere shortening is a hallmark of aging. Telomere length (TL) in blood cells has been studied extensively as a biomarker of human aging and disease; however, little is known regarding variability in TL in non-blood, disease-relevant tissue types. Here we characterize variability in TL measurements for 6,391 tissue samples, representing >20 tissue types and 952 individuals from the Genotype-Tissue Expression (GTEx) Project. We describe differences across tissue types, positive correlation among tissue types, and associations with age and ancestry. We show that genetic variation impacts TL in multiple tissue types, and that TL can mediate the effect of age on gene expression. Our results provide the foundational knowledge regarding TL in healthy tissues that is needed to interpret epidemiological studies of TL and human health.
- Downloaded 447 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 24,316 out of 67,466
- In genetics: 1,603 out of 3,790
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 7,889 out of 67,466
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 5,346 out of 67,466
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- Top preprints of 2018
- Paper search
- Author leaderboards
- Overall metrics
- The API
- Email newsletter
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!