Rxivist combines preprints from bioRxiv with data from Twitter to help you find the papers being discussed in your field. Currently indexing 67,354 bioRxiv papers from 296,792 authors.
Long non-coding RNA gene regulation and trait associations across human tissues
Olivia M. de Goede,
Nicole M. Ferraro,
Daniel C. Nachun,
Alvaro N Barbeira,
Stephane E Castel,
Alexandra J Scott,
Benjamin J. Strober,
Christopher D Brown,
Ira M Hall,
Hae Kyung Im,
Kristin G Ardlie,
Stephen B. Montgomery
Posted 04 Oct 2019
bioRxiv DOI: 10.1101/793091
Posted 04 Oct 2019
Long non-coding RNA (lncRNA) genes are known to have diverse impacts on gene regulation. However, it is still a major challenge to distinguish functional lncRNAs from those that are byproducts of surrounding transcriptional activity. To systematically identify hallmarks of biological function, we used the GTEx v8 data to profile the expression, regulation, network relationships and trait associations of lncRNA genes across 49 tissues encompassing 87 distinct traits. In addition to revealing widespread differences in regulatory patterns between lncRNA and protein-coding genes, we identified novel disease-associated lncRNAs, such as C6orf3 for psoriasis and LINC01475/RP11-129J12.1 for ulcerative colitis. This work provides a comprehensive resource to interrogate lncRNA genes of interest and annotate cell type and human trait relevance.
- Downloaded 1,404 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 4,447 out of 67,351
- In genetics: 375 out of 3,786
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 1,069 out of 67,351
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 2,438 out of 67,351
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- Top preprints of 2018
- Paper search
- Author leaderboards
- Overall metrics
- The API
- Email newsletter
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!