Vibrio vulnificus (V. vulnificus) is an aquatic pathogen that can cause primary sepsis and soft tissue infection. CpG oligodeoxynucleotides (CpG-ODN) are a type of essential immunomodulators, which can trigger or enhance immune responses in mammals, fish, and humans. In this study, we evaluated the effect of CpG-ODN 2007 as a potential immunostimulant for zebrafish infected with V. vulnificus (FJ03-X2). Fish injected with the CpG-ODN 2007 showed lower mortality rate compared with the fish that did not receive treatment. The survival rates of CpG-ODN 2007-treated group and PBS-treated group were 85% and 57.9%, respectively. In addition, our in vitro results demonstrated that CpG-ODN 2007 can effectively reduce the toxicity of V. vulnificus (FJ03-X2) to zebrafish embryonic fibroblast (ZF4) cells. Furthermore, we assessed immune-related genes expression patterns in FJ03-X2 infected zebrafish or ZF4 cells with and without CpG-ODN 2007 treatment, such as TLRs and IL-1β. To sum up, our data indicated that CpG-ODN 2007 protects zebrafish against Vibrio vulnificus induced infection.
- Downloaded 229 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 159,194
- In immunology: 4,559
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 172,918
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 152,204
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!