Rxivist combines preprints from bioRxiv with data from Twitter to help you find the papers being discussed in your field. Currently indexing 67,594 bioRxiv papers from 298,341 authors.
Conditional manipulation of gene expression is a key approach to investigating the primary function of a gene in a biological process. While conditional and cell-type specific overexpression systems exist for plants, there are currently no systems available to disable a gene completely and conditionally. Here, we present a novel tool with which target genes can be efficiently conditionally knocked out at any developmental stage. The target gene is manipulated using the CRISPR-Cas9 genome editing technology, and conditionality is achieved with the well-established estrogen-inducible XVE system. Target genes can also be knocked-out in a cell-type specific manner. Our tool is easy to construct and will be particularly useful for studying genes which have null-alleles that are non-viable or show strong developmental defects.
- Downloaded 1,287 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 5,148 out of 67,594
- In plant biology: 89 out of 1,962
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 1,296 out of 67,594
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 3,932 out of 67,594
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- Top preprints of 2018
- Paper search
- Author leaderboards
- Overall metrics
- The API
- Email newsletter
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!