Integrative single-cell and bulk RNA-seq analysis in human retina identified cell type-specific composition and gene expression changes for age-related macular degeneration
Christianne E. Strang,
James A. Kimble,
Jeffrey D. Messinger,
Christine A. Curcio,
Posted 14 Sep 2019
bioRxiv DOI: 10.1101/768143
Posted 14 Sep 2019
Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) preferentially affects distinct cell types and topographic regions in retina. To characterize the impact of AMD on gene expression changes across retinal cell types and regions, we generated both single-cell RNA-seq (scRNA-seq) and bulk RNA-seq data from macular and peripheral retina in postmortem human donors with and without AMD. The scRNA-seq data revealed 11 major cell types with many previously reported AMD risk genes showing substantial cell type and region specificity. Cell type proportional changes with advancing AMD stage were significant for Muller glia, rods, astrocytes, microglia and endothelium.
- Downloaded 1,322 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 6,841 out of 85,120
- In genomics: 1,080 out of 5,478
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 4,045 out of 85,120
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 4,072 out of 85,120
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!