Rxivist combines preprints from bioRxiv with data from Twitter to help you find the papers being discussed in your field. Currently indexing 66,889 bioRxiv papers from 294,492 authors.
Methylome-Wide Association Study Of Central Adiposity Implicates Genes Involved In Immune And Endocrine Systems
Anne E. Justice,
Phillip E Melton,
Megan L Grove,
Eric A Whitsel,
L Adrienne Cupples,
James D Stewart,
Lawrence J. Beilin,
Annie Green Howard,
Kari E. North
Posted 12 Sep 2019
bioRxiv DOI: 10.1101/766832
Posted 12 Sep 2019
We conducted a methylome-wide association study to examine associations between DNA methylation in whole blood and central adiposity and body fat distribution, measured as waist circumference, waist-to-hip ratio, and waist-to-height ratio adjusted for body mass index, in 2684 African American adults in the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities study. We validated significantly associated Cytosine-phosphate-Guanine methylation sites (CpGs) among adults using the Women's Health Initiative and Framingham Heart Study participants (combined N=5743) and generalized associations in adolescents from The Raine Study (N=820). We identified 11 CpGs that were robustly associated with one or more central adiposity trait in adults and 2 in adolescents, including CpG site associations near TXNIP , ADCY7 , SREBF1 , and RAP1GAP2 that had not previously been associated with obesity-related traits.
- Downloaded 124 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 58,666 out of 66,889
- In genomics: 4,286 out of 4,549
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 40,774 out of 66,889
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 20,513 out of 66,889
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- Top preprints of 2018
- Paper search
- Author leaderboards
- Overall metrics
- The API
- Email newsletter
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!