While it has been proposed that metacognition and conscious perception are related, the mechanistic relationship between the two is unclear. To address this question, we combined decoded neurofeedback (DecNef) in functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) with concurrent psychophysics. Participants were rewarded for activating multivoxel patterns for color discrimination confidence while they detected color in mostly achromatic stimuli. We found that occurences of voxel patterns for high color discrimination confidence were associated with false alarms in the concurrent color detection task, suggesting a link between discrimination confidence and consciousness.
- Downloaded 480 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 109,083
- In neuroscience: 15,876
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 119,075
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 118,227
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!