Rxivist combines preprints from bioRxiv with data from Twitter to help you find the papers being discussed in your field. Currently indexing 67,591 bioRxiv papers from 298,050 authors.
Anti-inflammatory Role of Curcumin in LPS Treated A549 cells at Global Proteome level and on Mycobacterial infection.
Rhishikesh R Bargaje,
Mrinal Kumar Das,
Hossain Md. Faruquee,
Rajendra Kumar Behera,
Ranjan Kumar Nanda,
Posted 31 Jul 2019
bioRxiv DOI: 10.1101/721100
Posted 31 Jul 2019
A diet derived agent Curcumin (Diferuloylmethane), demonstrated its clinical application in inflammation, infection and cancer conditions. Nevertheless, its impact on the proteome of epithelial cells of non-small cell lung carcinoma (NSCLC) still needs further attention. We employed a stable isotope labeling method for cell culture (SILAC) based relative quantitative proteomics and informatics analysis to comprehend global proteome change in A549 cells treated to curcumin and/or Lipopolysaccharide (LPS). Pretreated A549 cells were infected with Mycobacterium tuberculosis H37Rv strain to monitor bacterial entry and load. With exposure to curcumin and LPS, out of the 1492 identified proteins, 305 and 346 proteins showed deregulation respectively. The expression of BID and AIFM1 mitochondrial proteins which play critical role in apoptotic pathway was deregulated in curcumin treated cells. A549 cells treated with curcumin showed higher active mitochondria intensity with respect to LPS treatment. Simultaneous treatment of curcumin and LPS neutralized the effect of LPS. Mycobacterial H37Rv strain incubated with pretreated A549 cells, showed successful internalization with varied bacterial load. Treatment with both curcumin and LPS had similar bacterial load as control cells. This study generated evidence to deepen our understanding on anti-inflammatory role of curcumin and identified targets might be useful as drug targets.
- Downloaded 98 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 62,562 out of 67,591
- In biochemistry: 1,827 out of 1,989
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 50,522 out of 67,591
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 36,509 out of 67,591
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- Top preprints of 2018
- Paper search
- Author leaderboards
- Overall metrics
- The API
- Email newsletter
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!