Rxivist combines preprints from bioRxiv with data from Twitter to help you find the papers being discussed in your field. Currently indexing 63,112 bioRxiv papers from 279,939 authors.
Noninvasive Prenatal Diagnosis for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Based on the Direct Haplotype Phasing
Posted 31 Jul 2019
bioRxiv DOI: 10.1101/720987
Posted 31 Jul 2019
Objective: We aimed to investigate the validity of noninvasive prenatal diagnosis (NIPD) based on direct haplotype phasing without the proband and its feasibility for clinical application in the case of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD). Methods: Thirteen singleton-pregnancy families affected by DMD were recruited. Firstly, we resolved maternal haplotypes for each family by performing targeted linked-read sequencing of their high molecular weight DNA, respectively. Then, we identified SNPs of the DMD gene in all carrier mothers and inferred the DMD gene mutation status of all fetuses. Finally, the fetal genotypes were further validated by using chorionic villus sampling. Results: The method of directly resolving maternal haplotype through targeted linked-read sequencing was smoothly performed in all participated families. The predicted mutational status of 13 fetuses was correct, which had been confirmed by invasive prenatal diagnosis. Conclusion: Direct haplotyping of NIPD based on linked-read sequencing for DMD is accurate.
- Downloaded 87 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 58,561 out of 63,112
- In genetics: 3,364 out of 3,582
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 45,125 out of 63,112
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 21,143 out of 63,112
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- Top preprints of 2018
- Paper search
- Author leaderboards
- Overall metrics
- The API
- Email newsletter
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!