Rxivist combines preprints from bioRxiv with data from Twitter to help you find the papers being discussed in your field. Currently indexing 64,995 bioRxiv papers from 288,045 authors.
Summary: Large resequencing projects require a significant amount of storage for raw sequences, as well as alignment files. Since the raw sequences are redundant once the alignment has been generated, it is possible to keep only the alignment files. We present BamHash, a checksum based method to ensure that the read pairs in FASTQ files match exactly the read pairs stored in BAM files, regardless of the ordering of reads. BamHash can be used to verify the integrity of the files stored and discover any discrepancies. Thus, BamHash can be used to determine if it is safe to delete the FASTQ files storing raw sequencing reads after alignment, without the loss of data. Availability and Implementation: The software is implemented in C++, GPL licensed and available at https://github.com/DecodeGenetics/BamHash Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Downloaded 680 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 13,355 out of 64,995
- In bioinformatics: 2,177 out of 6,434
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 56,842 out of 64,995
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 59,391 out of 64,995
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- Top preprints of 2018
- Paper search
- Author leaderboards
- Overall metrics
- The API
- Email newsletter
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!