Understanding Cloud security for genomics data is challenging but a critical need. It is our observation that security requirements are often inconsistent not only across datasets but also between on-premise solutions and Cloud for the same dataset. We attempt to summarize these security requirements across a wide range of regulatory bodies from government and private sources. While we expect the implementation to be different between Clouds and evolution in implementation methodology in time, we expect these guidelines to be applicable in foreseeable future. We also note that security does not necessary provide privacy and significant effort is needed to address privacy for a research centric platform.
- Downloaded 1,923 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 11,100
- In bioinformatics: 1,223
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: None
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 69,695
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!