Small-molecule control of super-Mendelian inheritance in gene drives
Víctor López Del Amo,
Brittany S Leger,
Kurt J. Cox,
Alena L Bishop,
Garrett D Scanlon,
James A. Walker,
Valentino M Gantz,
Posted 14 Jun 2019
bioRxiv DOI: 10.1101/665620 (published DOI: 10.1016/j.celrep.2020.107841)
Posted 14 Jun 2019
By surpassing the 50% inheritance limit of Mendel's law of independent assortment, CRISPR-based gene drives have the potential to fight vector-borne diseases or suppress crop pests. However, contemporary gene drives could spread unchecked, posing safety concerns that limit their use in both laboratory and field settings. Current technologies also lack chemical control strategies, which could be applied in the field for dose, spatial and temporal control of gene drives. We describe in Drosophila the first gene-drive system controlled by an engineered Cas9 and a synthetic, orally-available small molecule.
- Downloaded 762 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 44,078
- In genetics: 1,867
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 109,645
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 147,683
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!