Despite their great potential to facilitate rapid preparation of quite impure samples, affinity grids have not yet been widely employed in single particle cryo-EM. Here, we chemically functionalize graphene oxide coated grids and use a highly specific covalent affinity tag system. Importantly, our polyethylene glycol spacer keeps particles away from the air-water interface and graphene oxide surface, protecting them from denaturation or aggregation and permits high-resolution reconstructions of small particles.
- Downloaded 1,935 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 4,374 out of 100,737
- In biophysics: 121 out of 4,441
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 4,957 out of 100,737
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 11,759 out of 100,737
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 20 Oct 2020: Support for sorting preprints using Twitter activity has been removed, at least temporarily, until a new source of social media activity data becomes available.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!