Rxivist combines preprints from bioRxiv with data from Twitter to help you find the papers being discussed in your field. Currently indexing 70,897 bioRxiv papers from 309,427 authors.
Genotyping structural variants in pangenome graphs using the vg toolkit
Jonas A. Sibbesen,
Eric T. Dawson,
Adam M. Novak,
Posted 01 Jun 2019
bioRxiv DOI: 10.1101/654566
Posted 01 Jun 2019
Structural variants (SVs) remain challenging to represent and study relative to point mutations despite their demonstrated importance. We show that variation graphs, as implemented in the vg toolkit, provide an effective means for leveraging SV catalogs for short-read SV genotyping experiments. We benchmarked vg against state-of-the-art SV genotypers using three sequence-resolved SV catalogs generated by recent long-read sequencing studies. In addition, we use assemblies from 12 yeast strains to show that graphs constructed directly from aligned *de novo* assemblies improve genotyping compared to graphs built from intermediate SV catalogs in the VCF format.
- Downloaded 1,271 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 5,575 out of 70,903
- In bioinformatics: 1,057 out of 6,940
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 2,302 out of 70,903
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 2,967 out of 70,903
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!