Genome sequence of the model rice variety KitaakeX
Jerry W Jenkins,
Joel A Martin,
Phat Q Duong,
Nikki T Pham,
David A. Kudrna,
Wendy S Schackwitz,
Anna M Lipzen,
Catherine R. Nelson,
Kerrie W Barry,
Rod A. Wing,
Pamela C. Ronald
Posted 30 May 2019
bioRxiv DOI: 10.1101/653089 (published DOI: 10.1186/s12864-019-6262-4)
Posted 30 May 2019
Here, we report the de novo genome sequencing and analysis of Oryza sativa ssp. japonica variety KitaakeX, a Kitaake plant carrying the rice XA21 immune receptor. Our KitaakeX sequence assembly contains 377.6 Mb, consisting of 33 scaffolds (476 contigs) with a contig N50 of 1.4 Mb. Complementing the assembly are detailed gene annotations of 35,594 protein coding genes. We identified 331,335 genomic variations between KitaakeX and Nipponbare (ssp. japonica), and 2,785,991 variations between KitaakeX and Zhenshan97 (ssp. indica). We also compared Kitaake resequencing reads to the KitaakeX assembly and identified 219 small variations. The high-quality genome of the model rice plant KitaakeX will accelerate rice functional genomics.
- Downloaded 399 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 77,146
- In genomics: 5,166
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 145,599
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: None
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!