Rxivist combines preprints from bioRxiv with data from Twitter to help you find the papers being discussed in your field. Currently indexing 70,260 bioRxiv papers from 306,813 authors.
Population Health Genetic Screening for Tier 1 Inherited Diseases in Northern Nevada: 90% of At-Risk Carriers are Missed
Joseph J. Grzymski,
Keith W. Dunaway,
Posted 27 May 2019
bioRxiv DOI: 10.1101/650549
Posted 27 May 2019
In an unselected population of 23,713 participants who underwent clinical exome sequencing as a part of the Healthy Nevada Project (HNP) in Northern Nevada (Renown Health, Reno, Nevada) from March 15, 2018, to Sept 30, 2018 (Table S1) we find a 1.26% carrier rate for expected pathogenic and likely pathogenic genetic variants in (FH: LDLR, PCSK9, APOB), Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer (HBOC: BRCA1, BRCA2) and Lynch Syndrome (LS: MLH1, MSH2, MSH6, PSM2) with over 90% of carriers undetected under current medical practice. 26% of carriers were found to have advanced disease with 70% first diagnosed before the age of 65. Less than 20% of all carriers had any documented suspicion for inherited genetic disease in the medical record and upon direct follow-up survey under 40% of carriers had family history of relevant disease. A population preventative genetic screening approach for patients under 45 may improve outcomes.
- Downloaded 687 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 14,566 out of 70,262
- In genetics: 1,000 out of 3,899
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 3,250 out of 70,262
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 5,614 out of 70,262
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!