Recovery of population genomes is becoming a standard analysis in metagenomics and a multitude of different approaches exists. However, the workflows are complex, requiring data generation, binning, validation and finishing to generate high quality population genome bins. In addition, several different approaches are often used on the same dataset as the optimal strategy to extract a specific population genome varies. Here we introduce mmgenome: a toolbox for reproducible genome extraction from metagenomes. At the core of mmgenome is an R package that facilitates effortless integration of different binning strategies by collecting information on scaffolds. Genome binning is facilitated through integrated tools that support effortless visualizations, validation and calculation of key statistics. Full reproducibility and transparency is ob-tained through Rmarkdown, whereby every step can be recreated.
- Downloaded 1,638 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 10,135
- In bioinformatics: 1,219
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 78,352
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 85,385
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!