Actin chromobody imaging reveals sub-organellar actin dynamics
Cara R. Schiavon,
Jasmine W. Feng,
Omar A. Quintero,
Posted 15 May 2019
bioRxiv DOI: 10.1101/639278 (published DOI: 10.1038/s41592-020-0926-5)
Posted 15 May 2019
The actin cytoskeleton plays multiple critical roles in cells, from cell migration to organelle dynamics. The small and transient actin structures regulating organelle dynamics are difficult to detect with fluorescence microscopy. We developed an approach using fluorescent protein-tagged actin nanobodies targeted to organelle membranes to enable live cell imaging of previously undetected sub-organellar actin dynamics with high spatiotemporal resolution. These probes reveal that ER-associated actin drives fission of multiple organelles including mitochondria, endosomes, lysosomes, peroxisomes, and the Golgi. ![Figure]</img> : pending:yes
- Downloaded 2,342 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 2,992 out of 99,794
- In cell biology: 84 out of 4,894
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 4,106 out of 99,794
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 2,061 out of 99,794
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!