Light-sheet microscopy with isotropic, sub-micron resolution and solvent-independent large-scale imaging
Wen Mai Wong,
Estanislao Daniel De La Cruz,
Kevin M. Dean,
Reto Paul Fiolka
Posted 11 Apr 2019
bioRxiv DOI: 10.1101/605493
Posted 11 Apr 2019
We present cleared tissue Axially Swept Light-Sheet Microscopy (ctASLM), which achieves sub-micron isotropic resolution, high optical sectioning capability, and large field of view imaging (870x870 micron^2) over a broad range of immersion media. ctASLM can image live, expanded, and both aqueous and organic chemically cleared tissue preparations and provides 2- to 5-fold better axial resolution than confocal or other reported cleared tissue light-sheet microscopes. We image millimeter-sized tissues with sub-micron 3D resolution, which enabled us to perform automated detection of cells and subcellular features such as dendritic spines.
- Downloaded 2,294 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 7,746
- In bioengineering: 118
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 44,563
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 61,520
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!