Rxivist combines preprints from bioRxiv with data from Twitter to help you find the papers being discussed in your field. Currently indexing 59,744 bioRxiv papers from 265,577 authors.
Copy number variant syndromes are frequent in schizophrenia: progressing towards a CNV-schizophrenia model
The genetic underpinnings of schizophrenia (SCZ) remain unclear. SCZ genetic studies thus far have only identified numerous single nucleotide polymorphisms with small effect sizes and a handful of copy number variants (CNVs). This study investigates the prevalence of well-characterized CNV syndromes and candidate CNVs within a cohort of 348 SCZ patients, and explores correlations to their phenotypic findings. There was an enrichment of syndromic CNVs in the cohort, as well as brain-related and immune pathway genes within the detected CNVs. SCZ patients with brain-related CNVs had increased CNV burden, neurodevelopmental features, and types of hallucinations. Based on these results, we propose a CNV-SCZ model wherein specific phenotypic profiles should be prioritized for CNV screening within the SCZ patient population.
- Downloaded 164 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 46,326 out of 59,758
- In genetics: 2,788 out of 3,406
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 21,991 out of 59,758
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 16,488 out of 59,758
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- Top preprints of 2018
- Paper search
- Author leaderboards
- Overall metrics
- The API
- Email newsletter
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!