Rxivist combines preprints from bioRxiv with data from Twitter to help you find the papers being discussed in your field. Currently indexing 70,177 bioRxiv papers from 306,448 authors.
CRISPR-BEST: a highly efficient DSB-free base editor for filamentous actinomycetes
Filamentous actinomycetes serve as major producers of various natural products including antimicrobial compounds. Although CRISPR-Cas9 systems have been developed for more robust genetic manipulations, concerns of genome instability caused by the DNA double-strand breaks (DSB) and the toxicity of Cas9 remain. To overcome these limitations, here we report development of the DSB-free, single-nucleotide resolution genome editing system CRISPR-BEST (CRISPR-Base Editing SysTem). Specifically targeted by an sgRNA, the cytidine deaminase component of CRISPR-BEST efficiently converts C:G to T:A within a window of approximately seven-nucleotides. The system was validated and successfully used in different Streptomyces species.
- Downloaded 659 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 15,413 out of 70,177
- In synthetic biology: 251 out of 666
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 36,998 out of 70,177
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 28,551 out of 70,177
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!