TNFR2 induced priming of NLRP3-inflammasome via RIPK1 leads to pyroptosis in XIAP deficient cells
Lisanne M Spilgies,
Philipp J Jost,
Mark D Robinson,
W. Wei-Lynn Wong
Posted 15 Feb 2019
bioRxiv DOI: 10.1101/550749 (published DOI: 10.1038/s41419-019-1938-x)
Posted 15 Feb 2019
Recent data suggests that LPS stimulation can trigger inflammasome activation through a TNFR2/TNF/TNFR1 mediated loop in xiap-/- macrophages. Yet, the direct role TNFR2-specific activation plays in the absence of XIAP is unknown. We found TNFR2-specific activation lead to cell death in xiap-/- myeloid cells, particularly in the absence the RING domain. RIPK1/TAK1 kinase activity downstream of TNFR2 resulted in a TNF/TNFR1 cell death independent of necroptosis. TNFR2-specific activation lead to a similar inflammatory NF-kB driven transcriptional profile as TNFR1 activation with the exception of up-regulation of NLRP3 and caspase-11. Activation and up-regulation of the canonical inflammasome was mediated by RIPK1 kinase activity and ROS production. While both RIPK1 kinase activity and ROS production reduced cell death as well as release of IL-1β, the release of IL-18 was not reduced to basal levels. This study supports, targeting TNFR2 specifically to reduce IL-18 release in XIAP deficient (XLP-2) patients.
- Downloaded 958 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 28,003
- In immunology: 931
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 75,597
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 49,576
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!