Brain cancer is a common cancer that affects more than 700,000 people in the US every year. We explore the dynamic changes in the abundance of immune cells based on RNA and DNA samples extracted from a large cohort of brain cancer patients. We used gene expression data and copy number data from a large brain cancer collections - the REMBRANDT project (REpository for Molecular BRAin Neoplasia DaTa) that includes 671 patients. We applied virtual flow cytometry tools CIBERSORT and xCell to estimate the abundance of the immune cells in the RNA of these samples. The immune cell landscape in this dataset is compared with that of the TCGA brain cancer collection, that includes 511 patients with Lower Grade Glioma (TCGA-LGG) and 156 patients with Glioblastoma (TCGA-GBM). We also discuss how well the results align with published literature, and how this computational analysis can help better understand how immune cells affect clinical outcome and survival in brain cancer patients.
- Downloaded 565 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 65,417
- In bioinformatics: 6,261
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 121,741
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 147,213
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!