Comparative analysis of sequencing technologies platforms for single-cell transcriptomics
Kedar Nath Natarajan,
Sarah A Teichmann
Posted 05 Nov 2018
bioRxiv DOI: 10.1101/463117
Posted 05 Nov 2018
All single-cell RNA-seq protocols and technologies require library preparation prior to sequencing on a platform such as Illumina. Here, we present the first report to utilize the BGISEQ-500 platform for scRNA-seq, and compare the sensitivity and accuracy to Illumina sequencing. We generate a scRNA-seq resource of 468 unique single-cells and 1,297 matched single cDNA samples, performing SMARTer and Smart-seq2 protocols on mESCs and K562 cells with RNA spike-ins. We sequence these libraries on both BGISEQ-500 and Illumina HiSeq platforms using single- and paired-end reads. The two platforms have comparable sensitivity and accuracy in terms of quantification of gene expression, and low technical variability. Our study provides a standardised scRNA-seq resource to benchmark new scRNA-seq library preparation protocols and sequencing platforms.
- Downloaded 1,010 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 12,079 out of 94,912
- In genomics: 1,663 out of 5,955
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 63,673 out of 94,912
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 68,287 out of 94,912
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!