Rxivist combines preprints from bioRxiv with data from Twitter to help you find the papers being discussed in your field. Currently indexing 70,704 bioRxiv papers from 308,613 authors.
Condensin II inactivation in interphase does not affect chromatin folding or gene expression
Condensin complexes have been proposed to play a prominent role in interphase chromatin organization and control of gene expression. Here, we report that the deletion of the central condensin II kleisin subunit Ncaph2 in differentiated mouse hepatocytes does not lead to significant changes in chromosome organization or in gene expression. Both observations challenge current views that implicate condensin in interphase chromosomal domain formation and in enhancer-promoter interactions. Instead, we suggest that the previously reported effects of condensin perturbation may result from their structural role during mitosis, which might indirectly impact the re-establishment of interphase chromosomal architecture after cell division.
- Downloaded 1,859 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 2,908 out of 70,704
- In genomics: 582 out of 4,718
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 15,788 out of 70,704
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 37,061 out of 70,704
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!