Rxivist combines preprints from bioRxiv with data from Twitter to help you find the papers being discussed in your field. Currently indexing 55,165 bioRxiv papers from 254,492 authors.
The origin and fate of new mutations within species is the fundamental process underlying evolution. However, while previous efforts have been focused on characterizing the presence, frequency, and phenotypic impact of genetic variation, the evolutionary histories of most variants are largely unexplored. We have developed a non-parametric approach for estimating the date of origin of genetic variants that can be applied to large-scale genomic variation data sets. We demonstrate the accuracy and robustness of the approach through simulation and apply it to over 16 million single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) from two publicly available human genomic diversity resources. We characterize the differential relationship between variant frequency and age in different geographical regions and demonstrate the value of allele age in interpreting variants of known functional and selective importance. Finally, we use allele age estimates to power a rapid approach for inferring the genealogical history of a single genome or a group of individuals.
- Downloaded 1,864 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 2,126 out of 55,165
- In genomics: 460 out of 3,907
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 2,753 out of 55,165
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 32,155 out of 55,165
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- Top preprints of 2018
- Paper search
- Author leaderboards
- Overall metrics
- The API
- Email newsletter
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!