Rxivist combines preprints from bioRxiv with data from Twitter to help you find the papers being discussed in your field. Currently indexing 67,121 bioRxiv papers from 295,293 authors.
Voltage-gated ion channels are ubiquitous proteins that orchestrate electrical signaling across excitable membranes. Key to their function is activation of the voltage sensor domain (VSD), a transmembrane four alpha-helix bundle that triggers channel opening. Modeling of currents from electrophysiology experiments yields a set of kinetic parameters for a given channel, but no direct molecular insight. Here we use molecular dynamics (MD) simulations to determine the free energy landscape of VSD activation and to, ultimately, predict the time evolution of the resulting gating currents. Our study provides the long-sought-for bridge between electrophysiology and microscopic molecular dynamics and confirms, as already suggested on the basis of experiments, that rate-limiting barriers play a critical role in activation kinetics.
- Downloaded 713 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 13,022 out of 67,121
- In biophysics: 404 out of 2,846
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 26,783 out of 67,121
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 34,387 out of 67,121
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- Top preprints of 2018
- Paper search
- Author leaderboards
- Overall metrics
- The API
- Email newsletter
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!