Rxivist combines preprints from bioRxiv with data from Twitter to help you find the papers being discussed in your field. Currently indexing 65,415 bioRxiv papers from 289,746 authors.
Sub-2 Å Ewald Curvature Corrected Single-Particle Cryo-EM
Yong Zi Tan,
Joshua A. Hull,
R. Jude Samulski,
Timothy S. Baker,
Posted 21 Apr 2018
bioRxiv DOI: 10.1101/305599 (published DOI: 10.1038/s41467-018-06076-6)
Posted 21 Apr 2018
Single-particle cryogenic electron microscopy (cryo-EM) provides a powerful methodology for structural biologists, but the resolutions typically attained with experimentally determined structures have lagged behind microscope capabilities. Here, we have exploited several technical solutions to improve resolution, including sub-Angstrom pixelation, per-particle CTF refinement, and most notably a correction for Ewald sphere curvature. The application of these methods on micrographs recorded on a base model Titan Krios enabled structure determination at ~1.86-Å resolution of an adeno-associated virus serotype 2 variant (AAV2), an important gene-delivery vehicle.
- Downloaded 4,212 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 601 out of 65,415
- In biophysics: 11 out of 2,760
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 10,698 out of 65,415
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 16,963 out of 65,415
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- Top preprints of 2018
- Paper search
- Author leaderboards
- Overall metrics
- The API
- Email newsletter
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!