Rxivist combines preprints from bioRxiv with data from Twitter to help you find the papers being discussed in your field. Currently indexing 62,719 bioRxiv papers from 278,291 authors.
A recent study by Kroj et al. (New Phytologist, 2016) surveyed nucleotide binding-leucine rich repeat (NLR) proteins from plant genomes for the presence of extraneous integrated domains that may serve as decoys or sensors for pathogen effectors. They reported that a FAM75 domain of unknown function occurs near the C-terminus of the potato late blight NLR protein R3a. Here, we investigated in detail the domain architecture of the R3a protein, its potato paralog R3b, and their tomato ortholog I2. We conclude that the R3a, R3b, and I2 proteins do not carry additional domains besides the classic NLR modules, and that the FAM75 domain match is likely a false positive among computationally predicted NLR-integrated domains.
- Downloaded 678 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 12,740 out of 62,719
- In plant biology: 299 out of 1,759
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 46,430 out of 62,719
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 36,154 out of 62,719
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- Top preprints of 2018
- Paper search
- Author leaderboards
- Overall metrics
- The API
- Email newsletter
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!