Rxivist combines preprints from bioRxiv with data from Twitter to help you find the papers being discussed in your field. Currently indexing 59,974 bioRxiv papers from 266,630 authors.
Electron cryo-tomography (cryo-ET) and sub-tomogram averaging allow structure determination of macromolecules in situ, and are gaining in popularity for initial model generation for single- particle analysis. We describe herein, a protocol for sub-tomogram averaging from cryo-ET data using the RELION software. We describe how to calculate newly developed three-dimensional models for the contrast transfer function and the missing wedge of each sub-tomogram, and how to use these models for regularized-likelihood refinement. This approach has been implemented in the existing workflow for single-particle analysis, so that users may conveniently tap into existing capabilities of the RELION software. As example applications, we present analyses of purified hepatitis B capsid particles and S. cerevisiae 80S ribosomes. In both cases, we show that following initial classification, sub-tomogram averaging in RELION allows de novo generation of initial models, and provides high-resolution maps where secondary structure elements are resolved.
- Downloaded 2,502 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 1,423 out of 59,974
- In molecular biology: 36 out of 1,850
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 8,105 out of 59,974
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 5,266 out of 59,974
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- Top preprints of 2018
- Paper search
- Author leaderboards
- Overall metrics
- The API
- Email newsletter
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!