Down-regulated Long Noncoding RNA HOXA11-AS affects trophoblast cell proliferation and migration by regulating RND3 and HOXA7 expression in preeclampsia
The long noncoding RNA HOXA11-AS reveals abnormal expression in numerous human diseases. However, its function and biological mechanisms remain unclear in Preeclampsia (PE). In this study, we report that HOXA11-AS was significantly downregulated in preeclampsic placental tissues and could contribute to the occurrence and development of Preeclampsia. Silencing of HOXA11-AS expression could significantly suppress trophoblast cell growth and migration, whereas HOXA11-AS overexpression facilitated cell growth in HTR-8/SVneo, JEG3 and JAR cell lines. RNA-seq analysis also indicated that HOXA11-AS silencing preferentially regulated numerous genes associated with cell proliferation and cell migration. Mechanistic analyses showed that HOXA11-AS could recruit Ezh2 and Lsd1 protein, and regulate RND3 mRNA expression in nucleus. In cytoplasm, HOXA11-AS modulate HOXA7 expression by sponged miR-15b-5p, thus affecting trophoblast cell proliferation. Together, these resulting data confirm that aberrant expression of HOXA11-AS is involved in the occurrence and development of Preeclampsia, and may act as a prospective diagnosis and therapeutic target in PE.
- Downloaded 374 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 101,841
- In molecular biology: 3,017
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 131,818
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 121,571
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!