BigStitcher: Reconstructing high-resolution image datasets of cleared and expanded samples
Fabio Rojas Rusak,
Raghav K. Chhetri,
Philipp J. Keller,
Posted 10 Jun 2018
bioRxiv DOI: 10.1101/343954 (published DOI: 10.1038/s41592-019-0501-0)
Posted 10 Jun 2018
New methods for clearing and expansion of biological objects create large, transparent samples that can be rapidly imaged using light-sheet microscopy. Resulting image acquisitions are terabytes in size and consist of many large, unaligned image tiles that suffer from optical distortions. We developed the BigStitcher software that efficiently handles and reconstructs large multi-tile, multi-view acquisitions compensating all major optical effects, thereby making single-cell resolved whole-organ datasets amenable to biological studies.
- Downloaded 3,227 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 1,892 out of 101,349
- In bioinformatics: 327 out of 9,295
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 5,325 out of 101,349
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 9,513 out of 101,349
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 20 Oct 2020: Support for sorting preprints using Twitter activity has been removed, at least temporarily, until a new source of social media activity data becomes available.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!